4 Next Generation
A Scholarship, a Philosophy
The socio-economic environment of a child plays a determining role in their cognitive development and their growth, from a very young age.
In order to offer children from disadvantaged backgrounds an additional opportunity to experience learning in a socially diverse context, an anonymous donor approached the Alliance Française of Toronto to create the 4 Next Generation scholarship.
Alliance Francaise and an anonymous donor have partnered in the creation of The 4 Next Generation Scholarship. The partnership strives to provide a quality educational infrastructure for disadvantaged children. Its goal is to support children’s first steps towards meaningful educational success through the introduction of the French language and culture within a socially diverse setting.
With synergy of financial resources and a quality educational infrastructure, it will provide young recipients with free access to a 6-month program of learning and cultural experiences in French as a second language.
5-10 Year Old Program
The main goal of this program is to introduce young children to the French language.
This approach is intended to be an introduction or a reinforcement of abilities in French as-a-second-language and also numerous activities and games led by educational professionals
Conditions and schedule
Open to children ages 5 to 10 from single-parent families, this program will be held:
- Online, on weekdays, after school (for 7+ participants)
- Either online or on-campus on Saturdays at the downtown campus of the French Alliance (subject to public health restrictions). The 6-month program begins in January 2021.
The 6-month program begins in January 2021.
Application Process / Deadlines
- Application forms sponsored by a school or community in Toronto must be submitted by email before November 15, 2020.
- Families are invited for an educational meeting in December 2020 to clarify the terms of the program.
- January 4, 2021: Start of the first session - 2-hour courses, once a week.
- June 21, 2021: last school week
- June / July 2021: Meetings with families. Review of the experience - collection of testimonials.
4 Next Generation scholarship
After having spent 17 years paying his student loans, the donator decided to dedicate his life to share knowledge and to create financial resources to support children's cognitive development & learning. The intention of the “4 Next Generation” scholarship is therefore to participate in organizing social coherence.
L’Alliance Francaise de Toronto
The Alliance française de Toronto is a 100% Canadian charity and non-profit organization that provides communities of the GTA with French second language classes and cultural activities for children, youth and adults of all levels.
Alliance française, campus spadina
24 Spadina Rd, Toronto, ON M5R 2S7