French Cuisine Day Camp
After mornings dedicated to French language learning, campers will discover the universe of French cuisine, taste new recipes and learn more about the culinary arts!
This session will begin with basic rules of cooking (safety, preparation and cleaning). Campers will make each day a new recipe or discover a new culinary tradition accompanied by a tasting!
Campers will enjoy the masterpieces of French dishes and will be introduced to new tastes and colours. The recipes are chosen carefully so that each of the participants can reproduce it at home. Let your child discover the little chef hidden inside them!
Our program is specifically designed to help your child develop life skills such as curiosity, concentration, self-confidence and teamwork all while practicing their French.
All campers will work together on a final project to present a recipe and offer a tasting.
- Understanding and observing cooking rules: Safety, Hygiene, Precision (dexterity, concentration);
- Learning the basic vocabulary of cooking (ingredients, utensils, gestures);
- Engaging in Collaborative Creation (observe a role in the preparation of the recipe);
- Gaining autonomy and self-awareness;
- Organization (following a recipe, respect the proportions and sequences)
Age: 5 to 14 years old
French Level: beginner or intermediate
Aline & Carina are two young, dynamic and enthusiastic AFT assistants. Aline has freshly arrived from France in September. She holds a Master’s degree in Literature and is currently working as a cultural assistant while also teaching French to beginner kids at the Mississauga campus. Carina was an assistant for the AFT camps in 2017. She has had several experiences as a high school teaching assistant in France.