Performing Arts Day Camp
After mornings dedicated to French language learning, campers will experience French through the appropriation of texts, songs and playlets in order to reveal their hidden inner actor!
Each camper will be able to discover the process of drama making through basic physical preparation exercises (breathing exercises, voice adjustment, work on emotions) that will help with the appropriation of the text selected to be represented.
Campers will then be able to work on the different steps of the production of a play (reading and understanding the text, deciding role distribution, elaborating characters’s interactions).
Our program is specifically designed to help your child develop life skills such as autonomy, cooperation, self-confidence and teamwork all while practicing their French.
Campers will work together on a final project to present a theater play.
- Perceiving the rules of dramaturgy and theatrical creation;
- Understanding plays (the narrative construction and learning the basic vocabulary of theater);
- Engaging in Collaborative Creation (facilitate sociability values and mutual respect);
- Corporal expression and appropriation of the scenic space;
- Learning to assert oneself in a group and before a public
Age: 6 to 12 years old
French Level: beginner or intermediate
Mandeep Kaur has been a French language instructor for almost 11 years at Alliance Française (India and Canada). She has attended many workshops related to arts and drama. She has been working as a camp instructor in Alliance Francaise de Toronto since 2010 including language activities as well as art, drama, games and songs.
Mandeep is also a winner of “Lauréat de la Plume d’Or concours 2005” in French essay writing competition (world rank: 75th) held in 2005.