The TCF is a French language test offered by the French Ministry of Education:
TCF assesses a person’s level of French for general purposes. It is intended for people who are not native French-speakers and who wish to assess and certify their skills in French in a simple, reliable and timely fashion, for any number of reasons.
All candidates receive a certificate of results that places them on the six-level scale (from A1 to C2) established by the Council of Europe (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). It is therefore impossible to fail the TCF.
The certificate delivered after the test is valid for two years.
This test is intended for:
- Anybody who wants his/her French-language skills assessed for:
- Professional reasons: the TCF certificate is a benchmark of one's language abilities and may be used to endorse job applications or applications for internal promotion.
- Personal reasons: the TCF provides a snapshot of one's proficiency in French at the time the test is taken.
- Final year undergraduates, postgraduate students, and students at the French Grandes Ecoles: the TCF is systematically required by higher education institutes for any student who wishes to apply for final year undergraduate study or postgraduate study.
It is composed of:
- Three compulsory tests (total of 1h25)
two optional tests (total of 1h15)
- Reading comprehension
- Listening comprehension
- Language structures
- Oral expression
- Written expression
|Registration deadline||Examination dates|
|January 20||February 22, 2017|
|February 24||March 29, 2017|
|March 17||April 19, 2017|
|April 25||May 31, 2017|
|May 25||June 28, 2017|
|Compulsory test only||$230|
|Compulsory test + oral exam||$370|
|Compulsory test + written exam||$320|
|Compulsory test + written + oral||$460|
It is possible to register for the optional tests alone. This option is available to you when you have already taken the compulsory sections of the TCF no more than 2 years before taking the optional ones. Rates are as follows: $125 for each test.
- Payments must be made in full at the time of registration.
- A non-refundable $75 fee will be charged in the event of cancellation or rescheduling before the registration deadline.
- No refund or rescheduling will be granted past the registration deadline.
- It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he/she is registered for the appropriate exam. The Alliance Française of Toronto and its employees cannot be held responsible for the choices made by the candidate.
- No refund or credit will be granted under any circumstances past the afore mentioned deadlines, unless Alliance Française has to cancel a session of tests, in which an alternative exam date will be offered, or a full refund will be granted.
- Visa / Mastercard/ Interac / Certified Cheque or Personal Cheque or cash are accepted.
- Download the registration form
- Complete it
Return the completed registration form along with your payment and a photograph of yourself:
- Download the photograph specifications
- Print your first and last name at the back of the photograph.
- This is mandatory. Your file will be refused if the photograph doesn't meet the specifications.
By mailAlliance Française Toronto
Attn. Rachel Pestre
95 Sheppard Avenue W.
Toronto, ON M2N 1M4Please make sure the payment and documents are received before the registration deadline. Seats are limited.