The TEF (Test d’Evaluation du Français) is administered by the Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie de Paris(CCIP). The TEF is recognized by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) as conclusive proof of your language skills.
It assesses candidates from an elementary to an advanced level. No specific qualification or training is required to take the TEF.
The TEF includes:
- Three compulsory tests: a total of 2 hrs 10
Two optional tests: 1 hrs 35
- Reading comprehension 1 hour
- Listening comprehension 40 minutes
- Structures & vocabulary 30 minutes
- Written expression 1 hour
- Oral expression 20 minutes
The test results are validated by an official document attesting to the points earned for each section and the linguistic and communication objectives attained. Therefore it is impossible to fail the TEF.
This certificate is valid for two year from the date one takes the exam.
|Exam||Registration deadline||Examination dates|
|e-TEF Canada/e-TEFaQ||January 9 FULL||January 18, 2018|
|TEF Canada||December 29 FULL||January 19, 2018|
|e-TEF Canada/e-TEFaQ||January 16 FULL||January 25, 2018|
|TEF Canada||January 5 FULL||January 26, 2018|
|e-TEF Canada/e-TEFaQ||January 22 FULL||February 1, 2018|
|TEF Canada||January 12 FULL||February 2, 2018|
|e-TEF Canada/e-TEFaQ||January 28 FULL||February 8, 2018|
|TEF Canada||January 19 FULL||February 9, 2018|
|e-TEF Canada/e-TEFaQ||February 5||February 15, 2018|
|TEF Canada||January 26||February 16, 2018|
|e-TEF Canada/e-TEFaQ||February 12||February 22, 2018|
|TEF Canada||February 2||February 23, 2018|
|e-TEF Canada/e-TEFaQ||February 19||March 1, 2018|
|TEF Canada||February 9||March 2, 2018|
|e-TEF Canada/e-TEFaQ||March 12||March 22, 2018|
|TEF Canada||February 2||March 23, 2018|
Please visit our website freqAguently since the dates might changeFebruary . The results will be sent 6 to 8 weeks after the exam date.
|Oral expression test||$110.00|
|Written expression test||$110.00|
- Payments must be made in full at the time of registration.
- A non-refundable $75 fee will be charged in the event of cancellation or rescheduling before the registration deadline.
- No refund or rescheduling will be granted past the registration deadline.
- It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he/she is registered for the appropriate exam. The Alliance Française of Toronto and its employees cannot be held responsible for the choices made by the candidate.
- No refund or credit will be granted under any circumstances past the afore mentioned deadlines, unless Alliance Française has to cancel a session of tests, in which an alternative exam date will be offered, or a full refund will be granted.
- Visa / Mastercard/ Interac / Certified Cheque or Personal Cheque or cash are accepted.
- Read les conditions d'inscription et de passation du TEF
- Download the registration form
- Complete it
Return the completed registration form along with your payment and a copy of the first page of your passport.
By mailAlliance Française Toronto
Attn. Rachel Pestre
95 Sheppard Avenue W.
Toronto, ON M2N 1M4Please make sure the payment and documents are received before the registration deadline. Seats are limited.