This course introduces you to the wealth and diversity of French-language songs and engages you in conversation in a relaxed – and musical – atmosphere!
- Discover the most important singers and songwriters of the French-language repertoire (from Quebec, France, Belgium, Louisiana, etc.)
- Develop your comprehension skills by listening to songs (at first, without the lyrics), and highlight the characteristics of spoken French (contractions, accent, etc.)
- Analyze different aspects of songwriting (grammar, syntax, poetic writing techniques, etc.)
- Discuss the themes explored in songs to improve your conversational and argumentative skills
- Use songs as a starting point to explore the cultural specificities of various French-speaking regions